Crane scales are connected to overhead crane hooks and provide continuous weighing of all items being lifted. Capacities range from 1,000kg to 50,000kg. Due to relatively harsh working environments, good quality crane scales are extremely robust. They are constructed using heavy duty housing to protect electronic components.
It is very important to appreciate that a crane scale becomes a continuous link in the lifting chain. Therefore all regulations that apply to the use of an overhead crane also apply to the scale, when connected. Consideration must be given to the lifting capacity of the crane and the weighing capacity of the scale to ensure it will not be overloaded. For safety reasons, and to give you peace of mind, all hanging scales provided by ADF are individually proof loaded and certified by an independent test house. This satisfies current lifting and insurance regulation.
Benefits and features of crane scales:
- Fully approved crane scales are available to allow products to be bought and sold by weight.
- Crane scales using large bright red seven segment displays are unambiguous and can be read by operators in all light conditions, even at high levels.
- Hand held remote controls allow zero and tare functions to be operated at ground level, without touching the scale.
- Remote displays for wall mounting, hand held displays and printers are available using radio linking, including computer connection for data collection.
- Modern, low power consumption electronics, used by ADF, can provide up to 100 hours of use before re-charging of the internal battery is necessary; more than a working week.
ADF has been continuously supplying scales to all manner of industries for over 40 years. We have a vast knowledge and experience of all weighing applications. This means we will provide the best advice for any scale requirements you have.
For further information give us a call on 01543 271174, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively contact us via our enquiry form today. A member of our friendly team will be in touch as soon as possible.